Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Canvas Project

I attempted my first canvas project. Yikes! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm sure I was doing something wrong, so if I ever attempt this again I will go to YouTube for some instructional videos first. Lol.

I first painted the canvas with white paint and then added the letters that I cut out of vinyl from Cricut Explore machine. The vinyl DID NOT want to stick. I thought it was just the cheap stuff I was using so I used some better vinyl, but it didn't want to stick either. It took me more time trying to stick those letters down than it did for the whole project.

Here's a picture with the vinyl.

I probably should have left it at that, but it wasn't what I wanted for the end result, so I forged ahead. I added two coats of black paint and a few touches of the white to create a chalkboard affect. It looks better in person, but there was one area where the vinyl pulled up a little.


Here is a picture of the canvas at my sister's wedding.

 

 

Congratulations to my beautiful sister Michelle and my new brother in law, John.




2 comments:

  1. What a great saying on your canvas and a beautiful wedding picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Good God!!!! Could Khloe have been any more ADORABLE??????!!! Seriously! I don't know who's idea it was to dress her like that, but it's absolutely PERFECT for her Lil' Sunshiney personality...and, yes, I want an outfit JUST like it!

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.